Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What is this all about?

As this is a first post I should explain what is going to happen here. As I am currently preparing myself to take RHCE exam, I will be putting here my notes. Mostly the things I expect to encounter during the exam based on the requirements list. You will find here: how to configure specific services, some small tips&tricks, things that appeared to be essential and were not too obvious for me, some things that took me hours to figure out, which I of course will not admit to and in general all things to help you improve your Linux knowledge in the scope of RHCE. Lots of fun! I try to make sure that the configuration posted reflects current 'best practices'.

I use RHEL 5.4 on T41 but you will get the same behavior with CentOS. Additionally, I have a Fedora 13 host on Pangolin Performance that serves as a client to test network services.

Feel free to comment and challenge whatever you find in here. As there is more than one way to skin a cat, I deem no rights to claim my way is the best. I just promote what works for me. If you do something better please share it, I will be happy to update the entry and give you credits in the comments.

Let's get started. The next post will be about setting the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment